Allow the participants to acquire relevant skills, in the field of animation, through practical and theoretical learning so that they can become good counsellors in summer camps, day camps, nature classes or in other animation programs for children.
The participants will follow the DAFA training recognized by the Quebec Leisure Council. PAM and DAFA training are independent of each other. A trainee can succeed his PAM and not succeed his DAFA.
• Introduction to the world of camps
• The monitor; its role, responsibilities and tasks
• The development of the child
• Choosing and planning an activity
• Current activities in camp
• Special activities
• Life in the forest
• Safety during outings
• Collective work
• Safety and prevention
• First Aid (8 hours certified training)
• Job search
• And much more…
Important criteria for hiring counsellors.
An applicant must be 17 years of age or older to be a certified camp instructor.
July 1st to July 22nd, 2018
July 22nd to August 12, 2018
Number of participants: 8 per stay